Sunday, April 27, 2008

Eskimo Spring in New York



Well, it's practically May but you wouldn't know it up here . . . we had lovely weather last week but the cold snap is back. Thankfully, there's enough to do indoors in New York to distract ourselves from the apocalyptic doom that awaits our progeny because of the damage we've done to the environment. As my friend E. said once, our kids will ask, "Mommy, what was winter like?"



Film Forum's having a Jean-Luc Goddard explosion the next five weeks. These puppies are going to sell-out like hotcakes, but I'll be there with my Jean Seberg haircut and my ray-bans if you need me.



Sarah Manguso's gorgeous and gut-wrenching memoir, The Two Kinds of Decay, pubs at the end of May.

Check out my friend Ryan McIlvain's short story, "Keep it Bible," in the current issue of The Paris Review.



Supermodel Agyness Deyn napoleons the May issue of I-D magazine with six, count 'em, six covers. Not only does the issue include some gorgeous fashion photography (starring Ms. Deyn, of course) it also features interviews with her bf and her mama . . . and Aggy interviews Vivienne Westwood.



Madonna's new record, Hard Candy, drops just in time for her fiftieth birthday. Material Girl, indeed.

John Turturro stars in BAM's production of Samuel Beckett's Endgame.

And, last, but not least, my Malcolm X glasses should arrive from Urban Outfitters.



So snuggle up with a movie or book, ladies and gents.

Spring, we'll wait for you to call.

3 comments:

Mary-Laure said...

I adore Jean Seberg and Anna Karina, they are so beautiful and moving.

jen said...

i sooooo want to see a beckett play, especially with john turturro.

thanks for introducing this terrible yen into my life.

Joanna Goddard said...

great post!! also thank you so much for the film forum head's up, i'm going to buy tix now.

who is your boy at the NYTimes? xo